Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a special day for Dillan and I. Dillan's first time attending the temple. We did baptisms for the dead. He loved the temple and I was so honored to be with him for his first experience. I'm so thankful for the restored gospel and for the blessings that if gives to all mankind past, present and future. Our Father in Heaven is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. It's awesome that we have the opportunity to perform sacred ordinances in the temple for those who have passed on from this life so they can obtain eternal glory. I feel so humbled to have the opportunity to participate in these ordinances. I love the gospel and I'm so thankful for it's restoration in these, the latter days. I've been so blessed in my life, even when I didn't deserve to be. I'm thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. For His atonement and for His love for me. I am also thankful for the opportunity to be a mother to 4 beautiful children. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the only church here on this earth that has the restored priesthood and a latter day Prophet, Thomas S Monson. I know that he is a true prophet of God and that he holds all of the keys of the priesthood. I know that this church teaches the entire truth of His gospel. I also know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and that it is true scripture.
I'm thankful for prayer. I have learned through prayer, that God knows me personally and that He loves me more than I can even imagine possible. What a blessing we have to communicate with our Heavenly Father and for Him to communicate with us.
Life is so tough sometimes but we are never alone and we always have help if we will just ask for it. God loves each one of us.

We went to the bookstore before we went to the temple and Dillan got a new tie but not the easy tie. Thank goodness our friends Deric and Heath were there in the parking lot. I have no idea how to tie a neck tie without written directions. Derek tied the tie while Heath took care of his sweet little boy. It takes a village to raise a child and 2 men to teach Dillan how to tie a tie. Thanks guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment