Saturday, November 7, 2009

The next Cake Boss







Dillan had a project to do for school last week that required me buying cake decorating icing. I was not throwing away all that was left so I told him we'd make sugar cookies this weekend. He waited (a little impatiently) until I was finished with my cleaning and shopping (even though he was with me and helping me) so he could make cookies. He is loving life!
We had an entire day together today. Just the 2 of us. It occured to me tonight, while I was watching him roll out the cookies, that this event is a bitter sweet thing for me. The sweet is that just the two of us are spending time together. The bitter is that before too long he will be the only one at home. (not saying the girls are moving out any time soon but they ARE 19 and 22.)
The real reality check is that he is going to be 13 in a few months and his time to move on to his own life isn't that far away.
That's what grandbabies are for! To come and visit grandma and grandpa so we aren't lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment